Lindley Out of School Club is a Registered Charity and the Management Team is overseen by a voluntary committee made up of parents like you.
The role of a committee member is to share ideas and have the opportunity to have their say plus
- suggesting how things can be improved at the Club
- put forward new ideas to help in the future development of the Club
- have input into the decision making
- ‘Being on the committee involves a couple of hours time every couple of months in the company of other working parents plus the amazing staff, to ensure LOSC runs well for our children. Tea, Shloer and biscuits always available.’
- ‘I enjoy being part of the Committee,as I feel I am more involved in my daughter’s welfare’.
- ‘Being a committee member helps me shape the care of my child’.
- ‘Being part of the committee is important to me as without the committee, the club doesn’t exist. This was my initial reason for joining. Over the last few years I have been involved in a lot of decisions about how the club is run, from discussions about what snacks children should have at club, to recruiting new members of staff. Its given me a real insight into the work that the whole team do and I can really see the impact that our input that we as parents have, to make sure the club continues to run.’
Committee meetings are held every 6/8 weeks and last no more than 2 hours. Our AGM is held in October. Please take a few moments to read through the latest Chairs Report from our AGM.
Our current committee consists of the following parents
- Kenny Simpson Chair
- Ginny Augustine Vice Chair
- Debra Mistry Secretary
- Sarah Smith Treasurer
- Helen Harris
- Rob Watson
Without the support of our committee the Club could not operate and we are continually looking for new members. If you are able to spare a few hours and would be interested in joining the committee please speak to one of the parents listed above or contact the office on 07894 587130/01484 421714 .
The next meeting will be on Tuesday 5th December 2017 at 7.30pm at St Stephen’s Parish Church, Lidget Street, Huddersfield, HD3 3JB .